Code of Conduct
The Start Smart program is delivered by EY on behalf of the Commonwealth Bank. Participation in the Start Smart program is completely voluntary. Please be aware that if you decide to participate, you may stop participating at any time.
You agree that you have read through the Terms of Participation and Code of Conduct below or you agree that you have read through the Terms of Participation and Code of Conduct below with a parent or guardian and agree that you will comply with the relevant Terms of Participation and Code of Conduct and will not:
- create, upload, transmit, distribute, or store any content that is inaccurate, unlawful, infringing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, harassing, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable;
- record or otherwise distribute any content from the Start Smart Online Workshops including audio, visual, chat logs or user-generated content;
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely claim an affiliation with any person or entity, or access the accounts of others without permission, forge another person’s digital signature, misrepresent the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via the service, or perform any other similar fraudulent activity;
- make unsolicited offers, advertisements, proposals, or send junk mail or spam to users, including, without limitation, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other solicitation material, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests, petitions for signatures, or any of the preceding things related to promotional giveaways (such as raffles and contests), and other similar activities;
- harvest or collect the email addresses or other contact information of other users;
- defame, harass, abuse, threaten or defraud users, or collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about users or third parties without their consent;
- remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through workshop or delete the copyright on any content;
- modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works based upon the Start Smart Online Workshops or any part thereof, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation;
- interfere with or damage operation of the Start Smart Online Workshops or any user’s enjoyment of them, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code;
- interfere with or disrupt the Start Smart Online Workshops or servers or networks connected to the Start Smart Online Workshops, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Start Smart Online Workshops; use the Start Smart Online Workshops in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Start Smart Online Workshops, or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of the Start Smart Online Workshops in any manner;
- use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from that user and Start Smart Online Workshops;
- attempt to circumvent any content filtering techniques we employ;
- attempt to indicate in any manner that you have a relationship with us or that we have endorsed you or any products or services for any purpose; and
- use the Start Smart Online Workshops for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law or regulation, including, without limitation, laws governing intellectual property and other proprietary rights, data protection and privacy.
Terms of Participation – Stream Specific
Applicable to students who are:
- in a physical classroom with their teacher/s; the facilitator is accessed via a digital platform.
- home and engaging with their teacher/s via digital means; they then access the facilitator as a
group via a digital platform.
By engaging with the Start Smart Online Workshop, you agree/acknowledge that:
- You are a currently enrolled student in either primary or secondary school in Australia;
- A member of staff from your school will be actively engaged with the workshop for the agreed
time in a supervisory manner;
- Information will be collected such as school name, teacher name and email, number of
participants and year level. Please refer to our Privacy Notice for how this information will be
used, retained and controlled;
- You have read and will comply with the Code of Conduct and these Terms of Participation
with a parent or guardian;
- You will comply with all instructions issued by the Start Smart staff;
Applicable to teachers who are scheduling the meeting on a digital platform and inviting the facilitator
to deliver the Start Smart workshops.
You agree that:
- You will ensure the scheduled meetings are restricted with a password and/or lobby facilities;
- Once all expected students have joined the meeting, you will not allow anyone else to join.